2018 Simplicity Contender 25/52 (Optional Cargo Bed) (5901561)
Commercially-inspired features such as durable Hydro-Gear® Transaxles and a tough Briggs & Stratton® Engine make the Contender™ a powerful performer that leaves behind an impressively cut yard for all to see. With new levels of versatility, the integrated cargo bed† adds additional on-the-go convenience for the operator to carry tools, plants and more.
- Heavy-Duty Mower Deck: Experience a great cut with the added durability of a welded mower deck made from rugged 10-gauge steel with reinforced top, side skirts, corners and a steel front edge. Includes a limited lifetime warranty.**
- Briggs & Stratton Engine: Designed to perform under harsh, demanding conditions. With its patented five-step integrated cyclonic air management system, the Commercial Series Engine provides ultimate dust and debris protection for extended engine life.
- Control Panel: All of your controls are conveniently located at your fingertips, including: key switch, choke, throttle, electric PTO switch, cup holder and fuel gauge.
- Height-Of-Cut: The mower deck lift system makes adjusting the fabricated steel mower deck a breeze. No wrestling with heavy levers, simply push the foot pedal and move the pin to the desired cutting height.
- Hydro-Gear® Transaxles: Designed for larger commercial mowing jobs, the ZT-3200® Transaxles deliver continuous torque, smooth speed and bi-directional control.
- Added Versatility: The Contender™ is more than just a zero turn mower with a great quality of cut. Its integrated rear cargo bed† can carry tools, mulch and more and even dumps toward the rear for easy empty and rinsing capabilities. (Optional on 25/52 model)
- Model: 5901561
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton
- Start Type: Key
- Cylinders: 2
- Engine Displacement (cc): 724
- Battery(cca): 300
- Ground Speed-Fwd (mph): 0-9
- Brake: Separate Lever
- Front Tires (in): 13 X 5 - 6
- Rear Tires (in): 22 X 11 - 10
- Suspension: N/A
- Mower Deck Type: Fabricated
- Height-of-Cut Positions: 10-Foot Assist
- Blade Engagement: Electric PTO Switch
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: 4 Front/Rear Roller
- Cargo Bed +: Optional
- Headlights: Optional
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Rear Bumper: Standard, Steel Rear
- Assembled Width (in): 68
- Consumer Warranty (Product) **: 3-Years
- Fabricated Mower Deck Warranty **: Lifetime
- Warranty Consumer Engine Info: Lifetime
- Marketing Model: 25/52 (Optional Cargo Bed)
- Engine Model: Commercial Series V-Twin
- Power Rating *: 25
- Choke/Throttle: Separate Choke & Throttle
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 5.5
- Transmission Type: Hydro-Gear® ZT-3200®
- Ground Speed-Rev (mph): 0-4
- Frame: 11-Gauge Steel
- Front Axle: 1.5 x 2 Welded Steel
- Seat: 18 High-Back Mesh
- Cutting Width (in): 52
- Height-of-Cut (in): 2.0-4.5
- Number of Blades: 3
- Mower Deck Removal: Frame Mounted
- Spindle: Cast-Aluminum
- Steering: Twin Levers
- Fuel Level Indicator: Standard Gauge / Left Hand Console
- Assembled Length (in): 80
- Roll Over Protection (ROPS): Fixed
- Assembled Height (in): 68
- Commercial Warranty (Product) **: 90-Days
- Mulching Kit: Our innovative mulching kit reduces grass clippings and returns them to your lawn. Available for 52" and 61" mower decks. Shredder blades (sold separately) install to shred leaves with ease.
- Triple Grass Catcher: Collect grass clippings into three easy-to-empty bags for a clean finish. Available for 52" and 61" mower deck size. Capacity: 10 bushels
- Zero Turn Headlight Kit: Use the front headlight kit for better evening visibility while cutting the grass with your zero turn mower.
- Cargo Bed†: Make the Contender™ a versatile zero turn mower with the addition of a rear-dumping cargo bed. Comes standard on most models. Capacity: 100 lbs
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Horse Power
- 25 hp
- Engine Type
- Commercial Series V-Twin
- 724 cc
- Hydro-Gear® ZT-3200®
- Wheel Size
- 22 X 11 - 10 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 52 in.